Terms & Conditions for the Acceptance of Boarders at Hurworth Burn Luxury Pet Hotel, Hurworth Burn Road, Wingate, County Durham, Ts285np, 01429838336. firstname.lastname@example.org
- All bookings are subject to Hurworth Burn Luxury Pet Hotel’s Terms and Conditions. Payment of a deposit or receiving a conformation email constitutes acceptance of these terms. These terms and conditions are available on our website, in reception and can also be emailed.
- All dogs must be fully inoculated against Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parvovirus and Parainfluenza, and must still be in date at time of departure. Boosters must be given a minimum 24 hours before arriving at the Pet Hotel and any vaccines that have lapsed and require a re start, the 2nd part of booster, must be done two weeks prior to arrival, vaccine Certificates must be sent to our email at least 1 month prior to boarding, although we do advise these are sent sooner when possible.
Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus “DHP” – (Required every 3 years)
Leptospirosis – (L2 or L4 are accepted) (Required yearly)
Parainfluenza Kennel Cough “KC” (PI) (Required yearly) NASAL TYPE ONLY
Canine Infectious Bronchitis (Kennel Cough), We DO INSIST this vaccine is given to board your dog at our pet hotel, and we strongly advise this is done at least 3 weeks prior to boarding to give as much protection against this as possible. We cannot be held responsible if a dog contracts Canine Infectious Bronchitis (Kennel Cough), as this is a highly airborne virus and the vaccine only covers the main strains so is not always 100% effective. Please note we do accept all brands of kennel cough, although we do advise you use Nobivac or Canigen as they give the best protection, any dog given Broncho shield will be more at risk as it does not contain parainfluenza.
No cat can be accepted for boarding unless it has been inoculated against Feline Enteritis and Cat Flu.
Please be aware it is your responsibility to ensure your pet is fully covered for the above vaccines and time scale required. Failure to comply with this will result in your pet being refused entry and no refund will be given.
- This information is required under the Animal Welfare Act 2018.
- Your pet will only be accepted for boarding if it is in good health and all inoculations are up to date.
- Exact date of last worming/flea/tick treatment and details of products used for worming and flea/tick treatment must be supplied before arrival at the pet hotel. These are preferred to be done at least 1 week prior to boarding when possible, in case of any adverse reactions. This information is required under the Animal Welfare Act 2018.
- Pets found to have fleas/worms/tick will be treated appropriately and charged accordingly. We are not responsible if your pet catches fleas as it is the owner’s responsibility to ensure that their pets(s} coming into the pet hotel are suitably covered.
- If your pets are insured, you are required to supply the name of the insurance company and policy number. This information is required under the Animal Welfare Act 2018.
- An emergency contact with full name, address, email, phone number that is local to the pet hotel must be given on our customer information sheet. This information is required under the Animal Welfare Act 2018.
- Owners undertake to declare any history of veterinary problems that could reoccur while boarding and to draw attention to any traits or vices their pet(s) may have.
- Medication or Supplements will be administer as instructed by the owner. Hurworth Burn Pet hotel will not be held responsible if there are any adverse reactions to medications or supplements this includes pets requiring diabetic injections, these are given at the responsibility of the owner. Please note we only accept diabetic dogs who are already existing customers and settle when here.
- Hurworth Burn reserve the right to refuse admission or request an owner to collect a pet whom is deemed too sick to board or if a pet is deemed too aggressive and a risk to health and safety. No refund will be given in these circumstances.
- Pregnant bitches will not be accepted, and bitches in season are boarded at owner’s risk. Please notify us if your bitch will be in season before arrival so we can place her away from intact males.
- In an emergency or illness Hurworth Burn will contact the owner or his/her nominated contact, if no contact can be made then it will be left at the discretion of the management to the course of action, the provision of veterinary treatment will be provided by our designated vet (Unless specified otherwise)
- I give permission to Hurworth Burn Pet Hotel to sign, in my absence, for any emergency veterinary treatment as necessary whilst in the care of the pet hotel. I understand that Hurworth Burn will make every effort to contact the emergency number I have supplied to give up to date information regarding any necessary medical care required by my pet(s).
- I agree that Hurworth Burn may contact the vets that my pet/s are registered at for any details that are required or in case of emergency. Whilst every possible care and attention is given to each pet/s boarded at this pet hotel, Hurworth Burn Pet hotel cannot be held responsible for loss, either from illness or other cause.
- Should it be necessary, at our discretion, for a vet to be called for any health condition/illness, all fees incurred will be charged to the owner, unless this is due to accident or illness whilst boarding which has been caused as a result or the fault of Hurworth Burn will be paid fully by Hurworth Burn or arising within 36 hours of Departure.
- Any Veterinary fees incurred due to a current condition/illness of a boarder will be paid fully by the owner. And its agreed that the owner will pay any vets fees either directly to the vet practice or Hurworth Burn.
Arrivals & Departures
- Pets must arrive between 1pm – 3.00pm daily. (no exceptions)
- Pets must be collected between 9am-11am, unless you have pre-booked a late collection which Is between the hours of 3-5pm daily (no exceptions)
- There will be no arrivals or departures allowed out of these hours. Please note the gates will always be closed, there is a call reception bell you should press at the entrance gate, someone will open the gate for you. Any customers who we are not expecting will be asked to make an appointment at a suitable time.
- (Must live in the same house) Whilst every possible care and attention is given to each pet boarded with us, it is boarded entirely at the owner’s own risk. While pets are sharing accommodation, should we feel the need to separate them, in the interest of the animals’ own safety, a relevant fee for the extra accommodation will be charged, when this is possible, at peak season this will not be possible so an emergency contact in the UK must be provided, who are able to collect the required pet if there are safety/welfare/bitch in season issues, please note no refund will be given for any pet having to be collected for issues out of our control.
Pets not collected:
- If you fail to collect any pet/pets within 14 days of the checkout date you give the owner of the above business the authority to re-home your pets without further reference to you. This is providing that you have not made contact in writing for the boarding period to be extended if necessary.
Deposits, Cancellations and payments
- All pets will be charged boarding for the day of arrival. If collected before 11.00 am on the date of departure no charge will be made for that day. Late checkouts are between 1-5pm and must be pre-booked.
- All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A minimum non-refundable deposit of £40 or 20% is required whichever is greater of the invoice total. which can be paid either by cash, or debit card, only once a deposit has been paid will a booking be confirmed.
- All outstanding balances must be paid 1 calendar month prior to check in to secure a booking, once paid the full balance is then also non-refundable & non transferrable, any booking made within 1 calendar month will require payment in full at time of booking.
- 1 calendar months prior notice must be given to cancel a booking, or the full balance will be non-refundable & non transferrable.
- Any booking cancelled with more than 1 calendar months’ notice will be entitled to a refund minus the deposit paid to hold the dates.
- No refunds will be given under 1 calendar months’ notice which is also applicable to amended/reduced bookings, any reductions must be made before the 1-month deadline.
- Any cancellations or amendments must be in written form.
- Any booking cancelled due to any reason, such as Pandemics, will still have our normal terms & conditions applied to protect our business.
- We accept Debit cards using our online links sent to your email or Cash, Credit Cards are no longer accepted.
- If the client collects their dog earlier than the agreed date, they are liable to pay for the original booking costs, no refunds are given.
- We reserve the right to revise our prices when necessary, rates will go up on the 1st January each year, these will be displayed on our website & in our reception.
Fees: Bookings that fall within peak season, (20th Dec- 4th Jan 20) (14th Feb-24th Feb 20) (3rd April-20th April 20) (1st May-5th May 20) (22nd May- 30th May 20) ( 17th July 20- 30th Sep 20) (23rd Oct 20- 2nd Nov 20) (18th Dec 20- 5th Jan 20) (12th Feb 21- 22nd Feb 21) (26th March 21- 12th April 21) (30th April 21- 4th May 21) ( 28th May 21- 7th June 21) (16th July 21- 30th Sep 21). The dates above will be charged at 3 days for existing customers & 5 days for any new customers, multiple pets sharing will be charged a single room rate for any unused days.
- Please note that peak season dates will vary slightly each year, please see our website for up to date peak season dates.
- We use pictures of pets in our care on our social media platforms, pets’ names are not mentioned.
- We reserve the right to change these terms & conditions at any time.
- Nothing in these terms affects your statutory rights.
- By signing this contract, you accept to abide by these terms and conditions on every occasion that your pet/pets is/are boarded on these premises, failure to comply with these terms may lead to us not accepting your pets in the future.